- The Swiss American Historical Society meets annually, on the second Saturday in October.
- In 2015 we will be meeting in New York City. Washington, D.C. will host the meeting in 2016.
2014 Meeting Agenda
My Dear Fellow Members of the Swiss American Historical Society,
You are cordially invited to attend the
FORTY-NINTH SAHS ANNUAL MEETING
At the Athenaeum of Philadelphia
219 South Sixth Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2014
- 9:00 a.m. Arrival and informal gathering, coffee, rolls
- 9:30 a.m. Business Meeting
- 12:00 p.m. Lunch at City Tavern
- 1:30 p.m. “Heinrich Wirz” presented by Prof. Albert Winkler, Ph.D.
- 3:00 p.m. “History through Multiple Lenses: Leo Schelbert’s Contribution to the Swiss-American Historical Society” presented by Marianne Burkhard, Ph.D.
- 3:30 Break
- 4:00 p.m. “Blessed are the Peacemakers: the Unfinished Project of J.J. Bachofen and the Micro-wars on the Home Front” presented by Professor Marsha Robinson
- 5:00 p.m. Departure
Since we will be honoring Prof. Leo Schelbert this year, I felt we should be a bit more festive. We will have a fine prix lunch at the City Tavern, which features cuisine from the American colonial period. If you wish to attend, please choose one of the following for lunch:
- Corn chowder, green salad, fillet of salmon or colonial beef pie, chocolate mousse cake
- Pepperpot soup, green salad, beef or crab cakes or chicken breast, creme brulee
- Green salad, turkey pot pie, fresh fruit cobbler
City Tavern is a ten minute walk from the Athenaeum. Independence Hall is a block away.
Please remit $25.00 to help offset the cost of lunch, rent, and catering. I regret that on-stie parking is limited to three spaces (one of which is reserved for the handicapped).
I hope to see many of you there.
President of the Swiss American Historical Society