The Swiss American Historical Society (SAHS) announces a call for papers for the Leo Shelbert Prize in Swiss/Swiss-American History. Each calendar year, the Swiss American Historical Society will award a prize to the best paper in one of two levels – Undergraduate and Graduate.
The topic of the paper is open as long as it fits into the larger mission of the SAHS, that being the increase in knowledge and understanding of Swiss and Swiss-American History.
Submissions should follow these general guidelines:
a. Undergraduate – 10-20 pages
b. Graduate – 15-25 pages
2. Submissions must be in English.
3. Properly formatted and cited using either MLA or Chicago Manual Style (Turabian).
4. Papers without citations will not be accepted for review.
5. Must be original, not previously published, material.
6. Should be submitted in either Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat PDF formats.
7. Papers must be submitted by 1 June 2017 for review by academic committee.
8. Award recipients will be recognized at the annual Swiss American Historical Society Meeting in October and have their papers published in a future edition of the Swiss American Historical Society Review.
We welcome submissions by society members (Student Membership is $25). Please use the Join Today link (https://swissamericanhistoricalsociety.org/join-today/).
Please direct questions and submissions to Robert Sherwood (email@example.com)